TELE-audiovision International — The World‘s Largest Digital TV Trade Magazine
Flash Dump with Yamon
1. The first thing you should always do
with any of your receivers is to dump
the flash, in case things go wrong. Start
YAMON using the TTL interface and by
pressing CTRL-C as prompted.
2. Configure and start the network and
don’t forget to start PumpKIN.
3. Use the “fwrite” command of YAMON to
dump the flash into a file.
4. PumpKIN asks if we really want to
receive the file. Yes we do!
5. YAMON states the flash contents have
been successfully transferred.
6. And so does PumpKIN.
7. Right click on the dumped file and
confirm that the file size is exactly 8MB
(8.388.608 bytes). If so, you have a good
backup copy of your flash.